...Before my kids wear me out! We just don't function well without a schedule! Last week was our first official week off school and I spent most of it separating children and listening to moaning! So I brainstormed with the kids and this is to be our Summer Schedule for at least the next 8 weeks or so. I am hoping that this will be flexible enough to allow me time with the new baby, but also will give the kids the structure and activity they seem to so desperately need!
My schedules never have times next to them, as this really distracts us when we get behind. So rather it is a flow of what follows what - that way no matter how early or late we start the schedule we are able to stay on course...
Get up, girls - bath, breakfast.
Chores.
Devotional
Math
Handwriting
Outdoor play
Snack & Story time
Lola - Baby School*/ Tayo - Phonics
Tayo - Baby School*/ Lola - Astronomy and writing
Lunch time
Niyi - Naptime
Girls - Chapter book with Mommy
Girls 1hr BOB time (Books on Bed) Mommy alone! Yippee!
Snack time
Free time(Only 30 mins computer time each)
10-second tidy up! (You have to watch The Big Comfy Couch to get this one! But if the s want to call it a fun name then so be it!)
Get Dinner (girls alternate helping me)
Niyi bathtime
* Baby school - the name given to the 20 mins or so I ask one of the girls to take care of Niyi while I am spending time with the other. Tayo has taken this quite literally and is intent on 'teaching 'him something each day!
I'll see how this works - I can only hope the arguing will be reduced.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment