I've been craving Rice Pudding for weeks now. It is one of those comfort foods that I grew up with and I have never made for myself. Without my Dad here to make it for me (he always made the rice pudding when I was a kid) I had to take matters into my own hands and make it myself.
As I investigated this tasty treat online I found there are many variations on this so basic dessert - I was overwhelmed! There were recipes for the stove top, recipes for the oven, recipes with raisins and some without, recipes with all sorts of flavorings, but none that seemed to be like the one I grew up on.
...I had to take matters into my own hands and thankfully it turned out perfectly.
Here is my very simple recipe:
'Just like Dad's' Rice Pudding.
1/2 cup Arborio rice (we have Pudding Rice in the UK, but not here in GA!)
4 Cups Milk (I used 2% and it was fine)
1/4 cup sugar
Add all ingredients into a pot stir and bring to a light boil.
Once boiling turn down heat and simmer for 40 mins until consistency is how you like it. Check the rice is tender before serving.
That's it! So simple and so good - its just such a shame I had to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment