Well using the crock pot is fast becoming my favorite thing to do! It made my life so much easier on the days when I used it! Usually cooking time comes right around everyone being tired, grumpy, hungry and in the case of little Kemi, crying non stop for no apparent reason! So, having a hot meal ready and waiting to be served is wonderful!
This week's meals were a pasta dish and a curry dish. The pasta was edible, but not so nice that I would really consider using the crock pot again to make it, the trouble was that some of the pasta became hard and stuck to the crock pot and to tell the truth a pasta bake is not that hard of a dish to make the regular way so to me it isn't worth it!
The curry dish however was another story! It was a huge hit with all of us (except Tayo, but I wasn't surprised - she is never too fond of dishes with veggies mixed in!). It was creamy, a little spicy (I added a little more hot sauce than the recipe said!) and hearty served with some brown rice! I didn't have all the ingredients to hand so I just added the sweet potato and some green peas (during the last 30 mins of cooking so they didn't get too mushy) instead of the eggplant and green pepper, but it worked and I would say would work with whatever veggies you have on hand! This one is going on my meal rotation! Mom - Dad would like this one! ;-)
Now I am off to see what recipes I can find for next week! If you are interested in more Crock Pot recipes go here for some great ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment