I am reading a great book right now - Educating the Wholehearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson - I've read it before, but it is truly one of those books a homeschooling Mom should re-read each year!
Anyway, reading through Chapter 8, subtitled 'Making it work', I was struck by this: "It will come because of your faithfulness - because you faithfully follow God's design for motherhood. Faithfulness is simply learning to see with God's eyes and seize with God's hands the hundreds of small opportunities you have every day to influence your children - to shape their values and attitudes, build their faith, discipline their disobedience, inspire their genius, nurture their emotions, train their habits, ivate their character and set their feet on the path of righteousness"..."The reality of homeschooling is that God is asking you to become a servant to your children, willing to sacrifice your time, energy , emotions and expectations for them. That takes more than natural strength - it takes strength. It takes the kind of faithfulness that comes only from trusting God and depending on His grace everyday"...."If you are trusting in the Lord and depending upon His grace, you can still accomplish your purposes as a mother".
I have been guilty all too often of trying to do this alone - and guess what...it's impossible! But with Christ all things are possible and I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. Lord help me let you help me...I can't do this alone and I need you more than I comprehend....
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment