Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our trip to the X-ray machine!


Yep...that's right folks! Niyi did it already - only 22 months old and we have already had an x-ray done! Well before Grandma gets worried I should say that there are no broken bones and he is fine, but we did wonder there for a while!
On Sunday night Niyi decided while holding onto Daddy's hand to suddenly twirl around and stop bearing weight on his legs...next thing we knew he was screaming in pain! Well, we took him home, iced his wrist and waited to see. We left it on Monday thinking it must just be a bad sprain, but when we woke up this morning and still he was in pain and totally not using his hand we decided a trip to the doctors was in order! Anyway, as I said he is fine, just a bad bruise/sprain requiring more ice and elevation, but I just wanted to point out - girls are not this way!!! Why was I not warned! Arghhh! :-)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh sorry Louise. I should have warned you about boys. Wait until he starts riding a bike. Trevor has "road rash" all over his knee from his wreck. Connor has fallen down the stair too many times to count. I could go on and on. My brothers use to jump off the roof with bed sheets to see if they could "parachute." I'm glad to hear Niyi is okay. Hope to see you soon.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! Yes, boys are different than girls! Josiah had stitches when he was 4 from bumping his head on the counter as he fell out of my lap! Hope his hand is feeling better now.
Ruth