
I noticed on my sidebar my very outdated list of books, so I thought I'd better review the ones I have read and add some new ones. Unfortunately I don't have any new ones to add,. but I hope to get to the library real soon...
Here are my thoughts about the three books I most recently read:
Watching the Tree Limbs - Mary E. DeMuth
This book was a great read from start to finish. I have read a couple of her books (including her parenting one which I loved!) and enjoy her style of writing. This was not a a particularly happy starting book with a pretty dark subject, but it really hooks you in from the beginning. I loved how she was able to really get you inside the heroine's mind despite her bing just a young girl. My only negative thought about the book was that the ending was just a little too 'perfect' and finished a little too quickly. It felt as if Mary maybe had had enough of this story and just wanted to end it nicely. But nevertheless this was a great book that I would recommend to all!
Remember Me? - Sophie Kinsella This book was pure bubble gum for my brain and was great! don't read this book if you despise trashy novels, but this was a good one. Pretty well written, funny and just what a pregnant mama who really isn't sleeping too well right now needs! I make no apologies for enjoying trash sometimes - in fact I am looking at getting another one of her books for when I am in the hospital after this baby arrives - it will be perfect for my sleep-deprived, recovering from labor and giving birth state!
Emma - Jane Austen
I told you all that I don't read trash all the time! This of course is a classic and a well loved one by me! I have read it quite a few times and always enjoy it. What else needs to be said - it is Auten at her witty best!
Happy reading y'all!
Now I have to find some more books to read!
Louise
No comments:
Post a Comment