Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reservation Road

I have never felt led to review a movie before on my blog but in this case I feel I must... This movie was awesome! Not in a feel-good, romantic-comedy-date-movie kind of a way, but in a gut-wrenching-cry your heart out kind of a way!
This movie takes a sensitive subject (death of a child in a hit and run accident) and brings you along to experience all that the characters are feeling. It is unusual nowadays to find a movie that does not glamorize or gloss over the grief, but this is what you get with this movie. As parents, my husband and I sat on the couch totally feeling the pain, and of course, I was balling my eyes out!
What we both really appreciated about this movie however, was the fact that you were able to feel the perpetrator's pain just as much as the parents' pain. His journey through the movie was very realistic and led you to understand this fact - that everyone gets hurt in this kind of thing. No one escapes the pain...
Here is the trailer in case you want to see what movie I am talking about...

No comments: