Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Next Year's Curriculum

I think I have it all planned out....
Well that is to say this is what I am sure of right now...
Here it all is:

Lola - 3rd Grade
Bible: Read the bible in a year chronologically (Karen Henley Bible). Use a journal to record thoughts (this idea is not quite figured out, but I do want her to begin journaling her quiet times). Also Keys for Kids Devotions as we have done this year.
Math: Math U See Gamma
Language Arts: Rod and Staff 3rd Grade
Spelling: Sequential Spelling
Writing: Writing Strands and blogging!
Handwriting: Handwriting Without Tears - continue cursive.
Science: Jeannie Fulbright's Elementary Science: Zoology 1
History: Either continue Ambleside Online's history selections using Our Island Story. or Mystery of History Vol1 (not sure here, but leaning towards MOH)
Geography: A Child's Geography
Literature: Ambleside Online's literature selections for Year 3, plus other great books that we find.
Art: Haven't a clue! :-) Something informal!
Spanish: Rosetta Stone Level 1 Spanish
Other: Lots of Lapbooks/unit studies as we progress through the school year. I will be making a master list of subjects soon to work from.

Tayo - Kindergarten
Bible: Old Testament stories using this site and her new Early Reader bible.
Math: Math U See Alpha
Handwriting: Handwriting Without tears - Letter & Numbers for me; My Printing Book
Reading: Continue Reading Made easy.
History: See Bible, will sit in on Mystery of History also.
Science and Social Studies: Lots of unit studies and lapbooks. Will also follow along with Lola's Zoology 1 .
Art: No clue!
Spanish: Rosetta Stone level 1 Spanish.
Literature: Ambleside Online's Literature selections for year 1. Plus other great books we find.

Books for me!
Ultimate Lapbook Handbook

Well, I guess I have a few things to iron out...But this doesn't look too bad to me right now!

1 comment:

Valerie McClintick said...

Wow, good for you, I'm no where near figuring out what we'll be using!

Blessings,

Valerie