Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Planning time!

Yep, with the tulips and daffodils, the chicks and the sunshine comes Homeschool planning time! Yippee! I love this time of year as I am such a planner at heart. I love looking back over our year thinking about what has worked and what hasn't. There is such freedom in the knowledge that we get to start over again in the fall! In my planning I have begun to think about it all - the good the bad and the ugly, and I thought I would post it here. Later I will come back and write about what I am thinking I will do for next year...

Lola (2nd Grade)
What we like:
What we didn't like:
  • Dictation as our only spelling method.
  • Ambleside Online's other selections for history and geography.
  • My Father's World (Adventures).
What we wanted to do but didn't (or at least not as often as we would have liked!)
  • Poetry study
  • Artist Study
  • Nature Study
  • Composer Study
......Sorry Charlotte Mason - I'm trying! :-)

Tayo (Pre-K)

What we like:
What we didn't Like:
  • Nothing!
What we wanted to do but didn't (or at least not as often as we would have liked!):
  • Unit Studies
  • Science (of any kind!)
  • Arts and Crafts.
So there you have it - a year in review! See my next post for what this all means for next year!

No comments: