Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lola's Writing Curriculum

My focus for next year's Language Arts is to really get Lola writing well. A friend of mine told me that she was planning on getting her son a blog to practice writing and since I love to blog I immediately thought that was a super plan!
Of course when discussing next years plans with Lola I mentioned this and she jumped on the idea, so I agreed that we could start one this year. So far we have just done a few things, but to my amazement she is just loving it! I require her to write the piece out first on paper, then we go through it for errors in grammar, spelling and composition and once that is done, only then can she post it on her blog. This week she wrote a short piece about our field trip and did great. I required a minimum of four sentences and she gave me more than that without complaints (and remember getting this girl to write can sometimes be worse than pulling teeth!) I think we are on to a winner here!
So far my plans for this are book reviews, field trip reports and short stories, but I can see it growing to far more things once we really get going!
Here is Lola's blog...

No comments: